Repair OST File in Outlook 2007
OST is an offline storage table folder used in Microsoft Outlook. Offline folder enables the user to work without internet connectivity and then synchronize the changes made on the file to the exchange server after establishing the connection. Like PST file it also contains emails, contacts, journals, RSS feeds, etc. Outlook 2007 is also a well-known emails client in which you can use OST file. But there are many scenarios where the Outlook OST file may get corrupt and causes loss of important data. In order to get back all lost data from Outlook, you need to repair corrupted OST file. You can use OST repair program for repairing Outlook OST file in Outlook 2007. It is also possible to repair Outlook archive PST file by using PST repair program.
Reasons behind OST file corruption
- There are certain viruses which may corrupt OST file and makes it inaccessible. Always use quality antivirus software to ward off your computer from such viruses.
- Usually, people will close Outlook by saving all the changes made on Outlook file. However, if the Outlook is closed abruptly while some task is performing in the background, then the OST file may get damaged.
- Errors while synchronizing OST file to Exchange server may result in OST file corruption.
- One more reason is the oversized OST file. For example, the OST file size in Outlook 2002 is 2 GB, if you have exceeded this limit, then the OS file will get corrupt automatically. If you want to repair PST file that is bigger than 2 GB, then you can read here.
Once the OST file is corrupted, you cannot access any data from your Outlook profile. It may affect seriously on your business or project work if you have lost the respective emails. To save your lost Outlook information, you have only one option i.e. OST repair program.
This software can help you to resolve all errors that are getting from the corrupted OST file. You can use this software to repair OST file when you are getting the following errors:
- Cannot open email folders
- The .OST is not an offline folder file
- Encountered number of conflict items
- Errors occurred while synchronizing Exchange server mailbox to your OST file
Whatever may be the error you have received from corrupted OST file, you can repair it by using OST repair program. This software is competent to fix corrupt OST file as well as recovers all Outlook items from this file.